Took prazosin XL for cough. Blood sugar level elevated. Is it due to medicine?

I am 66 years old. I was on Cardace 2.5mg + Ditide half tablet +Ecospirin 75 mg daily. Two years later it was changed to Losartan 5mg + Hydride 12.5mg + Ecosprin 75mg. For about 18 months. I did not have any problem with blood sugar levels. Then I started a cough and I was placed on Prazosin XL 5mg + Hydride 12.5 mg. Prior to this I had a routine check up. My fasting sugar 145mg/DL and PP sugar 201mg/DL, so I underwent a HbAiC check and the count was 9.1%. I was also prescribed 500mg Metformin twice a day. The Metformin made me letahrgic and nauseated. I spoke to the doctor who asked me to stop Metformin. Three months later after I stopped having Metformin, my recent blood sugar level is Fasting 132 mg/DL and Postprandial 145 mg/DL. HbAiC reading is 7.2% (as on 4/7/2012). Could Prazosin be the reason for elevated blood sugar levels? Would you suggest a change to Cardace 5mg + Hydride 12.5mg
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012