Took depo shot. Having hives. Eliminated wheat, dairy from diet. Still getting hives. Reason?

I have a question dealing with the depo shot. My first depo shot (generic depo) was administered in November. I had no reaction or problem with the shot (other than the typical spotting). On Jan 30th, I got my second generic depo shot. No problem with the injection site. However, on Jan 31st, I woke up with an itchy skin rash . I have now determined that the rash is actually hives . The hives come and go, and I use benadryl as needed. Hives break through during sleeping hours and not every night - mainly if I have prespired a lot throughout the night. I have contacted my ob/gyn in regard to this, but he insists that I would not get a rash or hives from the depo shot. Since the ob/gyn says that the rash is not in regard to the shot, I am contemplating seeing an allergist . (My sister has numerous allergies to food and other things.) In trying to resolve the hives issue, I have eliminated wheat/ gluten and milk/dairy products (for about 7 days now) because I thought maybe that is part of the hives problem. I don t know if the wheat is a problem because I woke up this morning with hives again. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013