Took cefuroxime after partner showed positive for staph, got vaginal odor and irritation, cleared acne with medicine. Should I continue it?

my husban took a semen anaiysis and it showed positive for staph but is mortality and speed of semen was great our doctor said there wasnt a real problem and prescribed him cefuroxime 500 mg for 10 days....he said its not necessary for me to be treated, but he gave me a prescription for the same medication but 250 mg for 10 days...after 4 days on the medication im noticing im having vaginal odor and irritation (like a yeast infection )..but oddly the few acne bumps on my face have cleared up....should i continue to take the medication and just take a pill for yeast infection after i complete the 10 days?....the reason im confused is because my doctor is speaking as if its no big deal and unnecessary for me to take the medication..
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012