Took 2 500mg azithromycin, mild cramps, nausea, discomfort in stomach. Why ?

As prescribed by my doctor I took two 500mg azithromycin pills. About 20 minutes later I ate half of a bean tostada. I started to feel really sick to my stomach & having mild cramps . Another 30 minutes passed by & I couldn t handle it anymore & threw up. After that I felt better but still felt a little nausea . I m worried that medicine didn t get absorbed & I may have threw it up. I read somewhere that it only takes 30 minutes to have the medicine absorbed. Should I get a new prescription & re-take the medicine? Or should I be ok?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012