Tonsillitis, negative pregnancy test, on abbo cyclian, cause of delayed periods ?

I have had a bad bought of tonsillitis that caused me to be hospitalized in the last month, 3 days ago symptoms of it have returned once again. My period is late, a week late. I have done 3 urine home tests all stating negative result. i have had a blood test today to confirm weather pregnant or not. find out monday. Could it be my illness holding the period back. I have been very emotional and melancholy I was given abbo cyclian as my anti biodic, could this be a factor in lateness.
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012