Toilet in pant while sleeping

sir, i am 21 year boy..sir, sometimes i do toilet in my pants when in sleep ...but i see in my dreams that i am doing toilet in washroom....sir pls help me...its so shameful n embarassing in front of everyone...pls suggest some medicarion..pls..
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Hi there,

Thank you for choosing HCM for your query.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Will be glad to help.

Have you had this problem since when you were young or has just recently started, also does it happen only at night or is it also during the day, based on the above situations, there will be a different approach.

First of all, you can start by having some basic tests done: like urinalysis to screen for infection or spillage of glucose in the urine. Also, have a fasting blood sugar done to see if you may have diabetes. And if the above are normal, then have an ultrasound of your bladder done.

I would suggest, you should have yourself examined by a doctor without delaying it further since there may be an underlying problem that needs to be taken care of and based on his examination, he may order more tests.

Here are some simple things you can do till you see your doctor and after your basic tests are negative, if your issue is only during sleep:
1. Avoid drinking any fluids 3 hours before bedtime. Try to maximize all drinking fluids during daytime.
2. Just before you go to bed, make sure you are emptying your bladder fully.
3. If you know around what time your night accident happens, then put an alarm about 15-20 minutes prior to that time, and wake up and empty your bladder again and then go back to sleep.

Most importantly, you need to see your doctor to find out why are you having such accidents.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Sumeet.

2 users find this helpful