Toe nails detached at edges, accumulating debris. History of ingrown nails. Laser therapy the solution?

i have 2 detached toe nails (the big ones) in the edges. it is not fungus (have done tests), i had been taken off my nails many times when i was young due to ingrown nail (many times i did it on my own). Now that a specialist has put a gel on my nails, those grow normaly and out of my skin but they seem detached in the edges and get yellow (the rest nail is still pink) accumulating a lot of debris ( keratin i suppose). Could laser therapy be a solution? May it be a for ever damage?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012