Toe injury, pus, no redness, numb and tingling. Normal or infected?

A couple of days ago I was moving furniture and accidentally drug an ottoman across my right big toe ripping the whole thing off. I have been cleaning with with peroxide , soaking in epsom salt, and applying antibotic ointment and covering with gauze . The second day there was a lot of puss but no redness. Today is the fourth day and there isn t any puss but it still throbs and the tip and bottom of toe are numb and tingly. Is this normal or could it be infected? I don t have health insurance so would like to take care of it at home if possible but at the same time, don t want my toe to fall off!
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012