Toddler with high fever, given Nurofen. Is it the right medicine?

My 18 month old hasn t really eaten today and has had a temp in the high 38 s since around 1pm when he woke up crying. I gave him nurofen and he seemed to get better. I then checked his temp again around 7 and is was up again so I gave him some more nurofen. He then woke up crying and his temp had hardly gone down and if anything seemed like it had slightly increased, I read that paracetamol was better for fever so i just gave this to him and it seems to have helped. He just didn t seem himself so I m a little worried about leavimg him throughout the night??? When should I be worried?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013