Tiny bumps with burning sensation on the upper lip. Is this a cold sore?

I ve had burning sensation near corner of mouth on upper lip area (Where top and bottom look meet when mouth is closed ) for. 7 weeks mostly during day But sometimes intermittent in a day. The area feels chapped and rough when tongue is rubbed against it. This week sta..rted a new thing I noticed several tiny bumps pop up on the top lip line. These bumps DO NOT hurt nor itch .one was there for two days and is gone. They have popped up in several different places on the lip.but not in clusters. Ihave a lot of anxiety because I am afraid this is cold sore . Can someone offer advice to what this could be?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012