Tingling sensation in the penis, not STD, no other symptoms. What could this be?

I ve started experiencing an intermittent tingling sensation in my penis. It will re-appear every month to two months with no explanation and will last for a day or two however the actual sensation will only last for about 10-30 seconds during that 1-2 day span and will reoccur maybe 5 or so times a day (if that makes sense). No reason to suspect and STD (I hadn t had sex for 8 months prior to the beginning of the tingling sensation and it s not accompanied by a rash , bumps or any other type of noticeable symptom. i am taking Doxycycline as a Malaria preventative, but other than that my diet and life style is more or less normal. What could be causing this?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012