Tight and uncomfortable foreskin . How would it be treated ?

Hello, I am 46, 5 6 and weigh 12 stone 12lb, I have high blood pressure . My foreskin keeps splitting when I pull it back to clean it, I am very hygiene conscious so I know it s nothing to with that. When I pull it back there appears to be a white ring around it which makes it feel tight and uncomfortable. I have seen my GP and she is refering me to a neurologist , what do you think could be the problem and how would it be treated. Than you for your time.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011