Throat ultrasound showing nodules on the thyroid gland. Pain while swallowing, loss of appetite. Treatment?

I had ultrasound of throat three days ago. It is apparent that a few nodules are apparent on thryroid gland . I am experiencing pain in throat when swallowing AND are experiencing Severe PAIN upper back between shoulder blades (below the neck) CAN NODULES create this awful pain???? I feel weak--- loss of taste-- slim appetite . I am currently on 10mg of Vicodin and still have pain Thank you, Linda
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012