Throat spasm, sore throat, dark lines on tonsils, jaw pain, nasal drip. Worried about throat swelling

A couple of weeks ago, I felt a spasm in the back top of my throat, which lasted only a few seconds but left my throat to feel sore for about 2 days. My tonsils have dark red vein lines, which i dont recall seeing before. Since then, on and off i will have a pain under my right side jaw, my tonsil hurt, but when i swollow it does not hurt. I feel at times my throat is raw, and that there is a lump on my right side of the back of my mouth and my throat feels swollen. I also have nasal drip. i went to my doctor who told me to take allergy medicine, which didnt help. I am seeing an ENT this saturday, but i nervous that my thoart will swell.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013