Throat pain, difficulty sleeping. Prescribed amoxicillin for yellow pus. What should we do?

Hi, I am talking to you on the behalf of my mother. she has this pain in her throat even while not swallowing , its hard for her to get any sleep during the night and she can feel it move from one side to another and move down. she has seen 2 doctors already, one said shes fine and to guggle on paracetamol and the other said to take amoxcilin because he sees yellow puss (as he said). its been six days and she isnt getting any better. I keep asking for a ultrasound or endosopy test but no one is listening to me. what should we do?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013