Throat infection, high fever, giving medicines. When will the fever come down?

Hi, DOC, my son is having a throat infection which was diaganosed today and the doc here put him on a dosage of Augmentin DDS + crocin SOS. He also prescribed SOS Meftal P to be mixed in water and given incase high fever develops. So we gave him Crocin at about 7.45 PM, after which our boy slept.When he woke up around 12.30, the fever he showed was quite high. Around 102+. SO we gave meftal P disolved in water. My question is, how much time does it take to bring the fever down.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012