Throat infection, had antibiotics, still a swollen spot on right tonsil with fever. What to do ?

I am 16 and thought I had a throat infection and went to the doctor. I tested negative for strep and the doctore told me it was probably just viral and would go away on its own.. But she gave me antibiotics anyway and told me to take them if I didn t feel better in a few days. I went home and have taken them for almost a full week now and the swelling in my tonsils went down a good bit but there is still this little spot on my right tonsil that is slightly swollen and when I though I was getting better I woke up to under my jaw line being tender and swollen and if I turn the wrong way or touch it it hurts.. And I still have a slight fever . Will this go away on its own? My mother said I may have to get my tonsils removed and I am scared but this really hurts and if it need to be done I suppose it should be done.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012