Throat congestion, phlegm, spat out piece of flesh, bleeding. Serious symptoms?

I had a bath yesterday and used my throat to push out phlegm and spit it out. After spitting out the first time i felt somethng in my throat so i pushed again and something came out. I spit it out and washed it and it looked like a piece of flesh and i spit out blood for a while before the bleeding stopped. Is it something dangerous or serious? I m really worried.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Hello and thanks for the query
Bleeding with congestion is a matter of concern and you need to get checked by your doctor. You may need a course of antibiotic with expectorant. Follow certain instructions:
1. Try to avoid complete airway blockage by congestion.
2. Try to keep the pathway moist and not dry.
3. Take regular steam inhalation and try to expel out phlegm as much as you can.
4. Do not try to expel the phlegm forcefully.
5. Protect yourself for the allergens and changing climate.
6. Keep you self hydrated.

If the quantity of blood increases than you must consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Best Wishes