Tender lymph node under jaw that hurts on turning head, sore throat, no relief with antibiotics. Suggestion?

Hi, I am a 24 y/o Female and have a tender lymph node under the righ side of my jaw. It doesn t bother me until I turn my head to that side. I do have a sore throat , my daughter has been sick with the cold and I m pretty sure I m coming down with something as well. I went to the Dr and was prescribed antibiotics but the issue with the lymph node wasn t present until yesterday. Just curious if this is something I should worry about or wait until my sore throat goes away. Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012