Tender breasts, acne and spotting. Using birth control patch. How early can I test for pregnancy with home pregnancy tests?

Hi, I have been on the birth control patch for 5 years now with no problems, my periods are regular and on time every month. Two months ago my period came a day early and last month my period was much lighter than normal. Several days ago (2 weeks before my expected period) I started to have light spotting that lasted 3 days. My breasts are tender and I have had acne breakouts on my face, chest and back which is unheard of for me. I am just wondering if it s just normal hormonal changes or if I may be pregnant? How soon would a store bought pregnancy test show results as it may be several weeks before I can get in to see my doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013