Teeth have become cold sensitive, getting electrical sensations. Causes ?

Hi. As of the last few weeks, I ve been having a problem with my teeth becoming very cold sensitive. This is becoming worse everyday. At first it was just the teeth. Now I have electrical sensations in my teeth and my gums - left and right, upper and lower. ALL my teeth are effected. I have not noticed any kind of changes with my teeth or my gums at all before or during this whole time frame. I can push on my teeth, push on my gums, or bite down hard - and no pain. So it does not appear to be a dental problem. It seems to me the nerves in my gums leading to my teeth have suddenly become over active. What could have caused this? By the way I am a 47-year-old white male.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012