Teen on weigh loss program, blood work showed elevated triglyceride. What is the cause?

My daughter is 14 and did blood work her triglyceride are 263 her doctor said twice as high she was eatting poorly because she s been trying to lose weight. She was eatting breakfast & lunch & salad for dinner then went to salad for lunch & dinner then got tired of salads and started with protein bars, she was starting to eat better but not long enough. Do you think her triglyceride were high because of this? The doctor said in 3-4 months he ll recheck her. Please give me your advice. Thank you so much Tina
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012