Taking valtrex for shingles. Pain in the abdomen and back. Is it because of the medicine?

Hello, I am female, 40. I was diagnosed with shingles 6 days ago and I am taking Valtrex. For the past few days I been having moderate to severe pain in my lower right abdomen and back... it started in my back, it s like a dimmer switch being turned up and down and has had me in tears . I don t know if it is because of the shingles, the medication or something unrelated. Hoping you can give me some advice, Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013