Taking metronidazole for vaginal infection. Have spotting. Chances of a miscarriage?

Hi, I just had my first child 5 month ago. Not sure if its relevant to my question but thought id mention it anyway. I've been having dark red, very clumpy vaginal discharge for the past few hours. I'm also taking metronidazole for a vaginal infection, vaginosis I think is what its called. I read online this could be a miscarrage so I'm starting to worry. But I'm also on the pill and not pregnant as far as I know.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013