Taking medication for hypothyroidism. Stringy brown discharge, no odor. Pregnancy?

Good morning, I put a call into my OB but while I wait i thought I may ask you your thoughts. I had our daughter January this year. I stopped breastfeeding about 3-4 months ago and have not yet had my period. I also found out last month that I have hypothyroidism (and that I was not pregnant) which could have also affected my energy level and the return of my period/ fertility . I have been on the medication for my thyroid to level out my hormones for the last 3-4 weeks and my husband and I decided two weeks ago on vacation to try for baby number 2. This morning, I noticed I had stringy brown discharge when I used the restroom (with little blood which I checked internally). No foul order. I am not sure if this is the start of my period or a sign of pregnancy? It may be wishful thinking for it to happen so quickly, especially without having my period to accurate track my fertility but wanted to know if this is a possible symptom of pregnancy. From my understanding, even if i took a pregnancy test , it would be negative until week 5, correct? Thanks so much for your help! Katie
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012