Taking lipitor for high cholesterol levels. Elevated GGT and ALT levels. Are these high due to high cholesterol?

I am a 46 years old male. I am 5 6 and 154 lbs ( always around that) 2 years ago I went to the doctor to get a blood test and the results were my total cholesterol was high 7,33 mmol/L and GGT 338 UI/L. At that time, Lipitor was my only medication for almost one year. One month ago, I got new bad results about my cholesterol 7,82 and the new parameter ALT shows 95 U/L. I have changed my lifestyle ,eating better and going swimming in order to go down the cholesterol ratio , but i really concern about my liver . These both values (GGT and ALT) are expected because of the high cholesterol? thanks for any comments
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012