Taking high dose of Augmentin, having severe side effects like dizziness, tunnel vision effect. Remedy?

I was prescribed generic Augmentin 875 at 2 pills, 2 times per day for asthma and pneumonia . I was also prescribed a tapered dose of prednisone (I m on the 2nd day of 40 mg taper) as well as Famotodine 2 times per day and 3 types of inhalers. I can t find anyone else that was prescribed 4 of these 875 Augmentin tablets per day. I have severe side effects. I am 5 ft 3 in and weigh 120 lbs. Contacted the prescribing Doctor to see if I can cut the dose in half. The side effects are unbearable. Severe dizziness, confusion, tunnel vision effect, diarrhea, stomach cramping, nausea, loss of bladder control, hot flashes, insomnia . Is 4 pills too high?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012