Taking birth control. Started spotting. Could it be due to hormone imbalance or something else?

I have been taking birth control for over the past year now since I ve had my son. My periods have all been regular until now. I m nearly halfway finished with my pack and when i went to the bathroom today i had started bleeding . It wasn t bad at first I figured this was spotting as everyone else would say, but as the day went on it didn t get any better. Could this be my hormones still off balance from my pregnancy over a year ago or could it be something else?
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern of course the hormone therapy taken in the form of pill for the contraceptive purpose could cause the hormone cycle disturbed and this could caused the symptoms of irregular menses and unpredictable bleeding, once you stop this hormone medicine this would be alright, hope this information helps you, have nice day.