Taking Microgynon, brown vaginal discharge, clotting. What is the problem?

I have just recently taking Microgynon 30. I am half way through my second card of it. I have recently noticed some brown vaginal discharge , it is in very thick clots. I stuck my finger up in me to see if I feel anything different but all that came out was more thick clots of brown discharge. Also, my underwear is always wet with this discharge too cause it also comes out as a light liquid. Yes I am sexually active and yes I am very worried. I do not think it is an STD cause my boyfriend and I took a full STD screening just recently and we re both ok. Can someone please tell me what the problem might be??? I have been googling this problem and I am seeing that other people on the same Microgynon has had similar problems. Can this just be a side effect of the pill?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Indeed, it may be dysfunctional uterine bleeding from the medication, which may get better after your body fully adjusts to the medication. Nevertheless, if it persists, a pelvic examination would be needed to rule out more serious problems, including an STD or complications of unwanted pregnancy.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN