Taking Microgynon. Bleeding thinly before period. What is wrong?

I have been on microgon 30 for over a year and my periods have been fine however this month has been strange. I m not due till late next week but I woke up yesterday morning bleeding and it was quite thin and then it stopped by evening and started again this morning. I m confused what it is and am concerned as I ve read a few things over the internet of what it can be. Please can you help me. I did wonder if it could be where I hit my head at the start of this week and my head is telling me the wrong things?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013