Taking Levothyroxine for underactive thyroid. Have acne on face. Does medicine cause acne?

Hi, I m currently taking 100mg of Levothyroxine for an under active thyroid . I m about 6 weeks into this course, but it s giving me incredibly bad acne on my face and neck , I ve been applying topical creams which are helping slightly but also severely damaging the skin. I ve been on Thyroxine for years on and off (due to my own forgetfulness) and my breakouts seems to be perfectly timed with when Im taking it. I m just wondering if you can confirm whether Levothyroxine causes acne, and any suggestions you might have to counter it. Thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012