Taking Levlen ED, want to skip periods. Should I omit the red section?

Hi, I ve been taking Levlen ED successfully for a year now and i want to skip a period just for this week. am i supposed to skip the red section? (the sugar pills) because before the red section (in the green part) there are 2 sugar pills for saturday and sunday, i ve taken the one for saturday - but now im confused - am i not meant to take any of the sugar pills at all?? any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
If you intend to skip your period, you have to skip the sugar pills TOTALLY.
You have to take the hormonal active pills continuously so that the hormonal effects can stay and you do not have a withdrawal bleed.
If you have already taken one sugar pill, you are at a risk for withdrawal bleeding anyway.
Right now, just skip the entire section of the sugar pills.
Continue taking the active hormonal pills back to back without a break.
That way, you will not have a period.
Also, there is no need to use any backup method of contraception either this month or the next.
Taking the active pills safeguards against a pregnancy, so stay assured.
Just make sure you do not miss any more hormonal pills, or take any more sugar pills, as that can lead to a withdrawal bleed, which is precisely what you wish to avoid.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.