Taking Diamicron for diabetes, should i continue taking this pill ?

Last year in Feb10 I was detected sugar in my blood= fast 110 and post lunch 170. I was advised Diamicron 60mg for a month and then Diamicron 30mg for few months. I reduced dosage half pill to 15mg. Sugar was under control with in limits. I was taking regular food normally. now for 35 days I have not taken Diamicron and checked my sugar level Fast 98 and after food 138. my age is 64 years. regular excise walking brisk for 30 minutes daily. please let ,e know whether i should continue taking pills?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011