Taken toll on emotions, feeling extremley down, upset, feel guilty. I am lathargic after the best of sleeps. Am I suffering from depression?

Am I suffering from depression?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013

Welcome to HCM,

It seems that you are having you had psychological trauma leading to Depression.

Develop strong will power and self confidence.

Remain busy whole day in your work.

Avoid unnecessary thinking.

Pass leisure time with your friends, see movies and some entertaining sports.

If require you consult psychiatrist for diagnosis and psychologist for counseling.

Ok and bye.

Psychiatrist Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi's  Response
Dec 2014
Hello Rachellesultana
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You are working in three different jobs and also studying full time, this means that you have a lot of occupational as well as educational stress. Our body or more specifically mind is just like a machine, due to extreme stress wear and tear occurs in it. The complaints of feeling low, having guilty feeling, fatigue and lack of energy etc. are exaggerated due to the extreme stress. It may be a milder form of depression or Mild Depression.
What can be done is-
- Try to spare time for entertainment also, try to indulge in constructive activities, outing with friends will help.
- Visit a psychiatrist for treatment if condition worsens, as many medicines like SSRI, SNRI etc can be taken for some weeks till you get improvement.

Take Care

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi