Taken registerone to delay period. Is it possible?

Hi iam a muslim women iam going 2 mecca on 14 feb i want my periods 2 come 2day as on 14 i should be clean my last month period date was 13 so regarding this i have taken regestrone tab on 7 and8 feb iam waiting from yesterday but still i didnt get my periods pls advise me can i dalay my periods till28feb or i can get the periods immediatly
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.
Registerone is usually taken to postpone your periods.
You can expect you periods anytime within in a week of stopping the medication.
So i suggest you to wait for a couple of days for your periods to start.
If you do not get your periods by then , consult a Gynecologist for the change in medication.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth Mallikarjuna Majgi's  Response
regesterone has to be taken 5-6 day before the due dates, and continue as long you would like to avoid periods. mestruation returns after 4-5 days stopping drug. hope you have taken correct dosage. you have to meet your gynecologist to see you have any contraindication for the drug. dont self medicate.

hope your clear.

wishing you happy trip to holly place