Taken flu shots, have bruising over the site that seems to be spreading, surrounding area sore and painful. Cause of concern?

I received a flu shot two weeks ago today, I get these annually and have never had any adverse reactions before. This time, the shot was painless and uneventful until 3 days later I noticed some bruising. As the days progressed, the bruising has spread, but not connected, meaning I have a new area of bruising an inch below the primary site. The area surrounding and including the bruising have become very sore, overall, the pain has steadily increased over the 11 days since the bruising first presented itself. Do I need to be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012