Taken femilon, severe diarrhea, pill date need to be postponed. Treatment?

is lose motion (diarrhoea) a major side effect of femilon? im 27yrs and i completed my 1st pack of femilon yesterday. from last night i developed severe diarrhoea 5-6 time per day..

i hope to get married in november and i think my pill free dates for that month is also falling within my wedding dates! what can 1 do to delay periods at that time?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi!
Welcome to HCM!
Diarrhoea is not the usual side effect of femilon.cause of diarrhoea must be separate not related to pill,may be gastroenteritis.
The mechanism of delaying periods with femilon is quite simple.
On day 22, you would need to discard the placebo pills labeled 22 through 28 and start the next strip with active tablets. This way you continue taking active pills until the time you want to start menstruating again. If you don't have any irregular bleeding or other side effects, you might be able to safely delay your period by around six weeks by this method.
hope this will help you !
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
FEMILON doesn't cause diarrhoea.It is most likely due to food poisioning and should be all right in next few days.
For postponing your periods,do the following...
The day your pack of active FEMILON PILLS finish,start another new pack from very next day.With this Thete will not be any pill free days.
Keep taking your new pack till the time you want to avoid periods.
The day you feel that you can have periods,stop taking FEMILON and then you get withdrawl bleeding after few days.
Thanks