Taken Ortho overa birth control. Delay in putting patch. Decreased effectiveness?

I ve been on Ortha overa birth control patch for my 3rd month... & well I was 12 hours late putting on a patch after my patch free week... is there any chance that could have decreased effectiveness? Like should I have to use backup protection for a week? I normaly change my patch Sunday morning & I didn t put the new one on until late Sunday night....I did have unprotected sex Thursday evening & according to my period tracker that I ve used for over a year indicates I m fertile... I hope you can answer my question!
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

There is no need of using backup and it will still maintain the efficacy.
Rest be assured everything is fine

In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you happy and healthy life

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak