Tailbone sticks out, swelling in the lower back, legs falls asleep. Should I see a doctor?

My tailbone sticks out almost like a small tail, I had thought it was an old injury but a couple of years ago the doctor said he thought it was congenital , said really there was nothing they could do about it. It is not always a bother to me, I worked at a plant walking the floors push pulling dragging but in the past 2 years I changed my job and I am in an office where I sit alot lately my right leg falls asleep alot, I often feel the swelling in my very lower back. When I have been to the doctor in the past year with swelling in the back and feet they said it was a pinched nerve. Should I be concerned about a long term affect of this and when is your leg falling asleep enough concern to pay a doctor visit.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012