TMT shows exercise nduced ischaemic heart disease, ECHO with grade 1 diastolic dysfunction. Angiogram required?

Sir, I am a 44 year old male, my TMT report says, Stress test is positive for exercise induced ischaemic heart disease , whereas my my ECHO suggests NO LVRWMA,Good LV SYSTOLIC FUNCTION (EF 70%),GRADE I DIASTOLIC DYSFUNCTION, NO MR/AR/TR, NO LA/LV CLOT/PE/IVC PLETHORA NOW MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I UNDERGO AN ANGIO GRAM, AS I HAVE NO PAIN OR ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Hello and thanks for the query
TMT positive indicated a doubt for Coronary Artery Disease. Although TMT can be false positive but we cannot take chances in heart related issue. If your heart is OK everything is OK. While treating heart patient we have to prevent the patient from heart attack, not treating the patient after getting an attack.
If you have no pain or other symptoms its good but we have to prevent you from getting the symptoms.
You have 50-50 chances of getting the disease. In my opinion you must go for Coronary Angiography and rule out any kind of doubt created by TMT test.
Best Wishes