TIA, have numbness on face, eyelid drooping. MRI showed issues with cerebellar tonsils. What other than chiari malformation can it be?

Hello, my name s Michele. I was in the hospital for three days last week with what the doctors told me was a TIA. The left side of my face was numb and I was having issues with moving the left side of my mouth and my left eyelid was drooping. They performed an MRI and a CT scan and when I was being discharged they told me I had some issue with my cerebellar tonsils, though I don t remember what the doctor said. For years I have had a lot of problems with my balance, I ve had horrible headaches and dizziness along with fainting spells. Everything I have wrong focuses on my left side. I have had issues with numbness and tingling in my left hand and left foot along with pain down the arm and leg. I have chronic back and neck pain that never seems to go away. I don t know exactly what s going on but I was wondering if it could be something other than a chiari malformation?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012