Suffering with loss of balance and constant back pain. MRI showing arnold chiari malformation. Should I be worried?

hi I have been in hospital for the past 4 days I have for many years suffered with loss of balance, clumsiness, dizzy spells, blurred vision, and the past 4 yrs have now also included constant lower back pain, severe headaches, sickness and sometimes problems swallowing, the other day I went to bed fine but in the morning I woke up and could not focus my eyes, I had blurred vision and was walking like a drunk, I went to the doctor who refered me to hospital straight away and I was admitted for mri and ct scans. The MRI showed up that I had type 1 Arnold chiari malformation, the rhombergs test came up positive on right side. the next day I was told I don't have Arnold chiari malformation, that I have vestibolopathy. they did more tests and I was released today and my release notes say mri scan positive for mild inferior migration of cerebellar tonsils indictive of chiari 1 malformation. and to follow up with doctor and nureologist in 2 weeks and have been given pain relieve medication and anti sickness tablets. im confused, what is my diagnosis? can you enlighten me please. forgot to mention, I have also been getting constant ringing noise in my head since this most recent episode and tingling in my finger tips, even though I have been released from the hospital I am finding it very difficult to walk properly (straight), and unstable with my balance, focus and vision still blurry, this is my worst episode ever and the closest I have ever come to a diagnosis. but now confused about the results
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Varanasi Pundarikaksha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Chiary malformation, Vestibulopathy. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. It seems you are suffering from imbalance,clumsiness,dizzyness and blurred vision as well as constant ringing noise in head and tingling in finger tips.The MRI is suggestive of Type 1 Chiary malformation which is herniation of cerebellar tonsils in to the foramen magnum and that is responsible for producing imbalance,clumsiness and dizzyness along with blurred vision.The constant ringing noise in head is due to Vestibulopathy. Both are different problems due to different causes,producing different symptoms. Regards,