Symptoms of Heart attack

I want know Heart attack symptoms?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Dec 2009
Pulmonologist 's  Response
hi Ignazio

heart attack or myocardial infarction usually presents like precordial chest pain which is tight squeezing radiating to left shuolder, arms, neck angle of jaws. it may be accompanied by sweating, fall in BP.

sometimes the MI may also be silent called sudden cardiac death syndrome
dizziness , cold sweats , usually numbing or pain down right or left arm , rapid or slow heart beat , tingling down right or left arm , shortness of breath , hard to speak like really low tone , chest pain , My step father has had 2 heart attacks , they probaly wouldnt have been that bad if he would have seeked medical help as soon as he started having symptoms , but him beeing so stuborn he tryed to wait the symptoms out and it ended up damn near killing him , if you have any syptoms please get to the doc , or e.r. please dont wait
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response

Thanks for query,

Signs and symptoms of heart attack or coronary are,

Severe chest pain in precordial region,radiating on arms,shoulder,back,upper abdomen.

Radiation may not be on all sites but may be on one or two sites.

There is perspiration,restlessness,difficulty in breathing,cold extremities.

Mind well it is not necessary to have all symptoms together.even there may be one symptom and one might have attack.

In Diabetes painless heart attach is known.
Some times there is problem of gastric upset and one has attack so never ignore if one has gas or flatulance or discomfort.

Ok and bye.