Why am I having pain in heart while coughing?

I have cough problem from 20 days now got the relif but in my left heart have pain when cough is occuring..
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 26 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

A pain over precordium (left lower chest) on cough?

It could be chest wall muscle spasm - most common.

It can be pericardial rub – from pericarditis (inflammation of the outer covering of the heart).

Or pleural rub (inflammation of the outer covering of the lungs).. This can be responsible for pain on coughing or XXXXXXX inspiration.

Occasionally, a spine pathology / disc may cause nerve root irritation – radiating to the area.
Rarely, in old fragile people, even a crack fracture of the rib!

Symptoms lasting three weeks demands a repeat physical examination.
A chest X-ray is a must to exclude underlying lung pathology – this is not always detectable by clinical examination. An ECG and ECHOcardiogram will rule out pericarditis.

The best option is to see an Internist.
Depending on the results of physical examination, some investigation may be necessary.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck