Swollen, welts like bites on the arm that are warmer. Taken tablet, topical cream. Had several outbreaks with mrsa, allergy. Suggestion?

my son woke up this morning with three bites on his arm and one on each leg. we were at the park last night for a ballgame, when it got buggy we left. these bites are very swolen, welts, feel slightly warmer than the rest of his skin. i worry becuase my son has had several outbreaks with mrsa (though he has not had an outbreak in 7months). i gave him a childrens chewable tablet many hours ago and just now before bed put a topical steroid cream and topicl antibiotic cream. when should i be concerned about infection vs swelling due to a normal or allergic reacting bug bite . My son has many allergies and from this reaaction i am guessing now mosquitoes is another (i was allergic to mosquitoes as a kid).
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012