Swollen tonsil, frequent dental infections. Wisdom tooth removal suggested. What to do for the pain?

My right bottom wisdom tooth is trying to erupt the skin but is unable to on its own. I will be getting it surgically removed in a few months. But in the mean time I need to relieve the pain. The tooth gets infected every once in a while and now my right tonsil is swollen and in a lot of pain what can i do? And if I don t take the wisdom tooth out in enough time can it do any damage to it surroundings??
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013