Swollen knee, painful, trouble walking. Taken Aspirin and Cadaflam. What method can determine where bleeding is coming from?

My husband had partial knee replacement 2 yrs ago. He had had 3 spells this month whereby his knee swells up suddenly, has pain & trouble walking. His Orthopedic Dr. said there is some kind of internal bleeding . He tried to remove the blood but only was able to remove a small amount. Took my husband off aspirin & Cadaflam. If he stands or walks for any amount at all, knee swells up tremendously. What method can be used to actually determine where bleeding is coming from? Dr did not recommend a bone scan & does not believe it is infection.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012