Swollen gland below ear and jaw that hurts on touching, have armpit pain that aggravates on raising arms. Serious?

Hiya I m 24m, yesterday I woke up with a small swollen gland just beneath my ear and jaw. It hurts if it is poked or prodded but otherwise is mostly painless, with just a very slight dull ache. It is quite firm to the touch and it can be moved a little. Then yesterday evening I was watching tv and quite suddenly my right armpit started to hurt. It hurts most if I raise my arm, it feels like muscular pain but I haven t done anything that I know of to strain it. There s no swelling or redness and there are no lumps that I can find. I also have a very slight runny nose and a very slight cough but I don t really feel ill. Is this something serious or can I relax? Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012