Swollen clitoris with pain and itching. Why?

Hi My clit has been swollen since Wednesday. I did masturbate a couple of days before that. But I have no idea why my clit is as swollen as it is. I have masturbated on other occasions but this has never happened. I am a virgin and has never had any sexual contact with anyone else. I tried to take hot baths and use ice to take down the swellen but it seemed to irritate my clit more. I secheduled a doctors appointment for tuesday but I need to know if there is anything I can do now to take away the pain and itch .
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that while doing masturbation due to more excitement there might be some minor injury or bruise on clitoris giving rise to some infection resulting pain and swelling.
As there is itching there is possibility of having fungal infection as well.
Apply triple action antibiotic cream.
Keep the part clean and healthy.
Ok and bye.