Swollen, bruised shin after falling. Also, hurts around ankles. Difficult to walk. Solution?

I feel last week and hit my shin pretty hard. Its twice the size of my hand . Bumpy..swollen..dark red,brown,green and slighly purple.. Hurts around my ankles and at center of the whole area. It hurt to walk on..but I was still able to walk. Every step feel like a small hammer smashing into it.. I really don t think its broke..or chiped I can t afford to risk the chance $$ to get it checked out if its not serous..
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012